Translate

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

~ Rose Red Valentine & HOT TIP!!! ~



Rose red is one of my favorite SU colors and I was in such a mood when this card was being created.

What began as a simple card, turned into quite a little project. Let me explain...

Naturals Ivory SU cardstock is the base and it looked too plain so I took out my rose red SU marker and used the Color Spritzer Tool, which can be found in the Main IBC, page 195 item #107066. I so wanted this to become somewhat shabby chic and the tool was not getting the ink on the cs like I had envisioned.

Therefore...note this!!! HOT TIP!!! ~ I took out my rose red re-inker and dropped one dot on each side of the marker while it was positioned in the tool...tested it on some scrap cardstock...AND...WHOO HOO!!!

The ink splattered onto the paper just like I wanted!!! I was so excited about this little discovery!!!
Effortlessley, as I worked on each card, the background came to life as I happily splattered each one!!!

I know! I know! It is the little things in life that excite me, what can I say? LOL!

The rest of the card just came together and I thoroughly enjoyed the process...to explain a little futther...
The Top Note was sponged with some champagne shimmer mist to make it a little brighter.

And...there you have it!

Enjoy!

~ Linda

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, Linda!! I am pretty sure if I tried your tip, I'd have ink on my walls...but I have done something similiar with paint and a toothbrush on cards and it works really well for those who don't have a spritzer tool! I love your card, and your excitement is contagious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED your weSTAMP swap card Linda! It was a HIT! I shared your reinker tip, they LOVED it! I need to dig my spritzer out again! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers

Stampin' Up! Webring

Powered by WebRing.