Translate

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Porcelain Roses

While at the 25th Annual Stampin' Up! Convention this past July there was a lovely English demonstrator, sorry I do not recall her name, that showed how to create these oh so pretty porcelain roses.

As I was making my swaps for Convention, I thought that I would use some of these little pretties somewhere, somehow, but alas that did not happen.

So, upon my return home and in preparation for my Team Meeting swap I thought to myself how cute these would look grouped on a card and this is the result!!!

Recipe:

Ink: early espresso, pink pirouette

Stamps:  Loving Thoughts

Paper: very vanilla, early espresso, river rock, Cooredinations Primrose Petals cardstock

Tools: white simply pressed clay, buttons and blossoms simply pressed molds, doily sizzlet die,
beautifully baroque impression folder, little leaves sizzlet die, subtles candy dots, linen thread

Misc: dimensionals, sanding block, tombo glue, crystal effects, water color pen

To create the Roses :

You will need the clay and the molds. Tear off a piece of clay and roll it around in the palm of your hand and then press each piece into each mold.
Put the mold in the freezer, yes, the freezer, for 30 minutes, take out your mold and carefully pop out your flowers. I would strongly suggest that you allow them to dry overnight.

Next, you watercolor or using your markers, color the roses and wait at least 10-15 minutes to dry.
Then you carefully cover each individual flower with crystal effects and let them dry overnight.

You can also add glitter, multi-color your roses, try different embossing powders...would love to see what you create!

Happy Stampin'!

~ Linda

1 comment:

  1. Those roses are so wonderful. They really look like porcelain! TFS. I just joined the LNS Hunt! SO much Fun! www.stampinnerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers

Stampin' Up! Webring

Powered by WebRing.